Intro to Web3 Gateway
Tenderly Web3 Gateway is a production-ready, fast, reliable, and easy-to-scale node solution with multi-region availability.
Tenderly Web3 Gateway is a fast, reliable, production-ready and easy-to-scale node solution with multi-region support. It offers your read-intensive dapps uninterrupted blockchain access with instantly synced data.
Using Tenderly Web3 Gateway enables you to modify, consume, and analyze blockchain data, including historical data, essential to your research, analytics, and dapp-building process. Web3 Gateway is a tightly integrated part of the Tenderly development platform, giving you the right tools for building, monitoring, and improving your dapps.
The same infrastructure powering the Tenderly development platform and handling demanding read-intensive workloads is available as a plug-and-play service. This infrastructure is powered by custom and innovative architecture: we have deconstructed the monolithic general-purpose node and created a layered Web3 Gateway, providing scalability, high read throughput, and data consistency and availability by design.
The all-in-one Tenderly platform supports engineering and UX practices throughout the Ethereum dapp development process. It allows developers to accelerate smart contract development by combining debugging tools with observability and infrastructure.
In the Tenderly Dashboard, go to Web3 Gateway. You'll see a list of supported networks, with a JSON RPC access URL for each. Use the URL to connect your dapp to a network using Web3 Gateway.
The RPC URL contains your private access key. You must securely manage the URL and the access key. In case of a breach, you can regenerate the access key in the Tenderly Dashboard to protect against unauthorized access.
Here are useful guides to help you get started with Tenderly Web3 Gateway:
- Quickstart by querying blockchain data through Web3 Gateway, using a visual request builder in the Tenderly Dashboard or copying the request as runnable code.
- Get started with using Simulation RPC capabilities of Web3 Gateway, allowing you to dry-run transaction before sending them on chain.
- Browse brief reference of supported JSON RPC endpoints, with examples and method invocation scripts.
- Browse detailed reference of standard JSON RPC endpoints supported by Web3 Gateway, drilling into the structure of request and response objects.
- Browse custom Tenderly JSON RPC endpoints. The custom calls extend the standard Ethereum node functionality, and are found in the
Web3 Gateway usage is rate-limited, with a monthly usage quota, expressed in Tenderly Units (TU). Read, write, and calculate RPC calls have different usage footprint and, thus, contribute differently to the total usage over a time-period. Find out more about usage and rate-limiting details.